Benefits of Stucco
A stucco exterior is the most durable and aesthetically appealing choice one can make for their home or commercial building. There are many benefits of selecting a lath & plaster exterior finish, including the following:
- It is extremely durable and will still be going strong decades beyond wood or vinyl siding.
- Unlike siding, stucco never needs to be painted. You can expect it to remain worry-free & maintenace-free for many years to come.
- It adds R-8 to your current R-value (insulation efficiency), helping your structure stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, which will translate into savings on your gas/electric bills.
- It is fire-resistant, and some insurance companies offer discounts to your premium because of it. Be sure to check with your insurance provider to see if exterior stucco will qualify your home or commercial building for a discounted premium.
- It is mold & mildew resistant, and won’t rot or flake apart, so it is a great choice for moist or humid climates.
- There are several texture options to choose from, whether the look you’re trying to achieve is modern or Old World style.
- Stucco is comparably priced with other exterior choices. And, when you consider its lasting
durability, you will find you get a much better value for your money over time.
In addition to the texture you choose, architectural foam shapes add tremendous aesthetic appeal, and will help bring the overall look of your home/project together. There is a wide variety of shapes to choose from, including columns and window trims, but if you don’t find any that are exactly what you’re looking for, custom shapes can be made to your specifications.